This week was even more exciting than the last! I was a bit disappointed that I wasn’t able to go pick it up, but studying comes first! We got a repeat item, but I’m really excited to try some new things.
- Snap peas
- Popcorn (!!)
- Garlic scapes (!!!!)
I’m having trouble deciding what I want to do with it all.
- Snap peas: personally, after two huge bags of snap peas last week and another one this week, I’m getting a little tired of them. I must say that they make a handy snack, though! I’ve been loving them with some Sriracha hummus.
- Zucchini: I think the zucchini will be perfect showcased in a simple pasta dish with some Greek yogurt and Parmesan. I considered making zucchini bread or muffins for a second, but then I remembered how miserable I was in the heat last week baking up all that food. I’m learning from my mistakes, folks!
- Chard: I think a bacon and swiss chard pasta sounds pretty fantastic.
- Popcorn: I have been dreaming about kettle corn all week. Ok, so I’m exaggerating a bit. I’ve been thinking about it since I went to the farmers’ market on Saturday and (stupidly) forgot to buy some. So, I think that this will transform into kettle corn. Nom.
- Garlic scapes: This is a brand new ingredient to me! It took me a little bit of hunting to figure out what it was and now I can’t wait to give it a try! I think that this recipe for garlic scape pesto will be the perfect thing.
Hmm, it looks like it will be a pasta-heavy week. Sorry, Mike! I’ll try to be a little more creative next time :)