It’s that time again! Mike collected the CSA goodies from my parents’ this week. I’m so glad they’re back from vacation – the CSA gets delivered to their work and it’s pretty much the perfect setup.
- Garlic scapes
- Blueberries (from my parents’ fruit share)
Now for the plan:
- Lettuce: I’ve been meaning to make my own dressing for a while. I think that I’ll make a grilled chicken salad with a honey mustard dressing. Or maybe a taco salad. I have almost all the ingredients I need for that in the fridge already… hmm. So many options!
- Kohlrabi: I love these goofy lookin’ vegetables. I’ve only eaten them raw before, so I think this time I’ll be trying them in the form of a kohlrabi fry!
- Kale: I stumbled across this spicy tofu and kale recipe. I’m excited to give kale another chance. The last time I had it, I wasn’t a huge fan. But I’m always willing to try a food a few more times before making a final decision!
- I was excited to see the garlic scapes in this week’s basket again. I got a ton of wonderful ideas from my CSA post last week. I’m thinking I’ll be making one of those suggestions this week!
- Zucchini: I found this recipe for grilled zucchini Greek salad. Anything with feta is worth a try in my book.
- Blueberries: yeah, these babies didn’t even make it through the night. They were perfect eaten plain :)