These biscotti are perfect for the chocolate lover in your life. The chocolatey goodness is highlighted with a hint of coffee and each bite is guaranteed to have some to-die-for chocolate chips and almonds. I loved biscotti back in my coffee drinking days. Now, I won’t touch the stuff, but I still enjoy biscotti on its own! They’re crisp but not hard and well… perfect.
So, start 2012 out right with some of these biscotti. Share the love and send some to friends and family 🙂
Mocha Almond Biscotti
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons instant coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped almonds
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a large baking sheet and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In separate bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and instant coffee. Add eggs and vanilla until butter mixture and beat until well combined.
- Stir in flour mixture and mix until a stiff dough forms. Stir in almonds and chocolate chips.
- On prepared baking sheet with floured hands form dough into 2 slightly flattened logs, each about 12 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide.
- Bake for 35 minutes and remove from oven. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer biscotti to cutting board.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut biscotti diagonally into 3/4 inch slices. Arrange cut slices onto baking sheet cut-side down. Bake 5 minutes and flip biscotti to other side. Bake for another 5 minutes or until biscotti are crisp.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.