I’m not a huge fan of chocolate, but everyone else in the world seems to be. So, here’s my gift to the rest of the world.
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
makes 30 cookies
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
4 tablespoons of butter
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks (I used Baker’s)
1/2 cup walnuts, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt the 8 ounces of roughly chopped chocolate with the 4 tablespoons of butter in the microwave. Be careful not to burn it. I did about 5 intervals of 20 seconds.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Mix on high for about 5 minutes. The mixture should be thick and glossy.
- Mix in the melted chocolate and butter mixture. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just blended. Stir in the 12 ounces of chocolate chunks and walnuts. Let the mixture sit for about ten minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop (about 1.5″ in diameter) to scoop the dough onto buttered baking sheets about 3 inches apart. I put 9 cookies onto each sheet just to be safe.
- Bake for 13 minutes. Do not overbake!! You don’t want the middle of the cookie to harden.
- Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 10 minutes and then place onto a cooling rack.
Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 10:33 pm
Thank you for blog post. It’s really imformative read.
I love to browse doughseedough.wordpress.com.
columbia teeth whitening