I hope you all had a wonderful fourth of July! It was fairly uneventful on my end. I skipped fireworks (too hot) and spent the last couple days studying. This weather is seriously bumming me out, though! Why is it so hot?! Someone needs to fix this crazy weather ASAP so I can get back to running.
Now onto the weekly CSA reveal! We actually got these goodies on Tuesday, but I didn’t get around to posting until now.
CSA Week Four
- Snap peas
- Garlic scapes
Now for the plan:
- Beets: I’m not quite sure yet! Maybe a salad of some sort? The only time I can remember using beets is when I made gluten-free vegan cupcakes. Any suggestions are welcome!
- Snap peas: these were already given to someone else. We still have at least one bag of these hanging out in our fridge.
- Scapes: So many options! I’m really excited to see these again, but I haven’t decided yet what to do. Someone had suggested pickling them, so I might give it a try. This recipe looks easy enough!
- Blueberries: I’m loving these with some plain Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey for breakfast. I think I’ll continue to do that!
- Squash: I have no idea what kind of squash this is, but it’s really little and cute. I’m guessing it will end up getting tossed on the grill with some other veggies and a protein.
- Zucchini: this basil, shrimp & zucchini pasta sound good to me!
- Cucumber: while I’m pickling the scapes I might as well pickle this as well! I’ve never pickled anything before, so these two should be an adventure!