I made these muffins Saturday night and Sunday night – they were just that good!
Cranberry Orange Muffins
yields 16 muffins
2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup oil
1 cup dried cranberries
2 teaspoons orange marmalade
1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts, or both!)
4 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, orange juice, oil, and egg into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until just moistened.
- Stir in the cranberries and marmalade. The marmalade blends in more easily if placed in dollops around the batter instead of in one huge mass.
- Fill the muffin cups up 2/3 full or 3/4 full for more “top-heavy” muffins.
- Mix the pecans and sugar in a separate bowl and then sprinkle on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
I find lining the muffin cups with liners makes cleanup a bit easier, but I would recommend that you don’t use them because I think the texture of the muffin turns out better without a liner. Either way, they are delicious!