I have yet to find a person that dislikes these cookies. I’m not a huge fan of chocolate, but I love these!! I have the ingredients to make these cookies on hand at all times, because you never know when you’re going to need it!
Chocolate Mint Cookies
adapted from allrecipes.com
yields 3.5 dozen cookies
6 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 (4.5 ounce) packages Andes mints
- Heat the butter, sugar and water in a small pot over medium heat; stir occasionally until melted. Remove from heat and pour in the chocolate chips. Stir until melted. Set the mixture aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate into a mixing bowl and beat in the egg. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl and then stir into the chocolate mixture. Put the dough into the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the cookie sheets.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch sized balls and place on the cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, being careful not to overbake!
- When cookies come out, place 1 (or half) of an Andes mint on the top of each cookie. Let it melt slightly and then use the back of a teaspoon to swirl the Andes mint around to cover the top of the cookie. Let cool completely on wire racks.