Making Christmas cookies has become a tradition of mine. This year, I opted to make an entirely new set of cookies. Ever single recipe used was something new. A lucky few got packages of cookies, and my sister has been insisting that I post the recipe for the gooey chocolate cookies ASAP.
These cookies were delicious. The best part? They were so easy to make!
Gooey Chocolate Cookies
adapted from foodtv.com
1 8-oz block of cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 18-oz box Pillsbury Moist Supreme Dark Chocolate cake mix (or any other moist cake mix)
confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in butter until creamy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract until incorporated.
- Beat in cake mix.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 2 hours or overnight to firm up. Using a medium cookie scoop, form uniform balls.
- Roll the balls in confectioners’ sugar.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and gooey and appear under-done.
- Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners’ sugar if desired.
Pingback: Chocolate Truffle Cookies « Dough See Dough