We got our first CSA box yesterday! Mike and I decided to split a full share with my parents. We went through Olden Produce in Ripon, WI.
I love being a part of the CSA and receiving a bag of mysterious goodies every week, but this whole thing throws my menu planning routine a little off. I’m going from picking out meals over the weekend to planning mid-week now. A strange change, but totally worth it! Between the CSA and our garden, I think Mike and I will be all set for produce this summer!
So, on to the more exciting news – what we got today and what I plan on doing with it!
- Green onions
- Snap peas
And since my parents were away on vacation, we got their half of the share plus their eggs and mushrooms for the week, too!
Now as for a menu plan, here’s what I had in mind:
- Rhubarb: a strawberry-rhubarb cast iron skillet crisp with homemade ice cream
- Lettuce: a salad with strawberries, goat cheese, slivered almonds, and some balsamic dressing
- Mushrooms: mushroom and goat cheese tart
- Green onions: cheese and scallion scones
- Eggs: scrambled eggs with chorizo and tortillas served with some sliced tomato and avocado
- Snap peas: eat ’em raw and most likely a sesame roasted snap pea dish as a side to another meal
Thursday, June 14, 2012 at 7:07 pm
Everything looks delicious!
I host a weekly CSA link party and would love for you to be a part of it. Come and check it out and add your link…http://inherchucks.com/2012/06/14/whats-in-the-box-30/. Hope to see you there 🙂
Friday, June 15, 2012 at 10:34 am
I definitely want to see a photo of the rhubarb cast iron skillet crisp!
Monday, June 18, 2012 at 6:46 am
I love the way you structure your CSA post – what you get in the box, and also what you plan to do with it. Sort of makes you commit to it instead of procrastinating like I do. 🙂