It’s funny how much my life has changed in the last week. I went from having all sorts of free time to read, watch tv, cook, bake, and lounge around to working 10+ hours a day. I’m looking forward to October when things (hopefully) slow down.
I can’t even explain the exhaustion that this job has brought on. Partially my fault: I choose to wake up at 4:00 so I can run before work 🙂 I have to fit in marathon training regardless of my work schedule! I’ve already paid the entry fee and I’ve already spent countless hours training. Part of me is really worried I won’t be ready, but I’m going to try! And don’t get me wrong – I’m so incredibly thankful for not only having a job, but for having a job that I enjoy. I just wish that the enjoyment wasn’t so tiring!
Now, onto a late CSA post. I can’t believe it’s been 8 weeks since we received our first bag!
CSA Week 8
- Baby watermelon
- Odd-shaped bell peppers
As for my plan for them… well, I would like to think I will be cooking all sorts of nice dishes, but reality is right now I throw together whatever food I have into a dish that is edible but not always aesthetically pleasing.
- Corn: I think I might make the corn salad again! This time with a jalapeno or two (or three) thrown in there.
- Watermelon: this sucker is so small I think I can inhale it in one bite.
- Cucumbers: our fridge is overflowing with cucumbers. I need to make some pickles. I have no idea what else I’m going to do with them all!
- Beets: I had planned on making a beet salad with the beets we got last week, but they ended up in a beet cake instead. So, I think I’ll be making the beet salad this week!
- Bell peppers: these babies were used up the night we got ’em!
Friday, August 3, 2012 at 9:05 am
Odd-shaped bell peppers. LOL 🙂
Friday, August 3, 2012 at 10:03 am
I put my little water melon in the blender last week and then kept it in a pitcher for a refreshing drink.
Saturday, August 4, 2012 at 9:22 am
Sounds like the perfect summer drink!
Saturday, August 4, 2012 at 1:48 am
I always love to snack on my cucumbers…this dip takes them to a new level. http://inherchucks.com/2012/03/16/spinach-dip/.
Come and add your link to this week’s CSA link party when you get a chance…http://inherchucks.com/2012/08/02/whats-in-the-box-37/. Looking forward to seeing you there 🙂
Saturday, August 4, 2012 at 9:21 am
Ooh, the dip looks good! I think I’m going to make some today – I’m getting a little tired of hummus 🙂
Saturday, August 4, 2012 at 12:17 pm
its superb and seems to work great with cucs 🙂