This cookie is really light and delicious and pretty easy to make as well. I don’t own a cookie press so I improvised with a pastry bag and my largest star tip. The snowflakes were a little hard to form since the dough was pretty thick and sticky, but I think they came out pretty well! I may have to invest in a cookie press and try these again, though!
Butter Snow Flakes
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup butter
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and yolk and beat until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla and orange zest. Gradually blend in dry ingredients.
- Fill a cookie press or pastry bag with dough, and form cookies onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes in preheated oven, or until cookies are golden brown on the peaks and bottoms. Remove from cookie sheets at once to cool on wire racks.