Out of the 6 types of cookies I made for the Christmas cookie packages I distributed, this one was my favorite. They are a perfect balance of tart and sweet. It was really refreshing and pretty simple to make, too.
Cranberry Orange Cookies
adapted from allrecipes.com
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer. Add in sugars and beat until smooth. Beat in egg until well blended. Mix in orange zest and orange juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into orange mixture.
- Mix in cranberries until just incorporated.
- Scoop dough with a medium cookie scoop and place 2 inches apart onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake about 12 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Let cool slightly on cookie sheet before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.