These cookies are great because the ingredients are common and couldn’t be easier to find. Chances are, you already have them in your kitchen!
Peanut Butter Blossoms
yields 4 dozen cookies
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Extra granulated sugar
48 Hershey’s Kisses (milk chocolate), unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Mix the shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until blended.
- Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, milk and vanilla and mix will.
- Gradually stir in the flour, baking soda and salt to the peanut butter mixture.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls. Roll them in granulated sugar and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Once out of the oven, immediately press a chocolate into the center of the cookie. The cookie will crack on the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on a wire rack.