Today was probably one of the hottest days so far this summer. After almost fainting from my run, I decided to do something stupid – make brownies. Why is this stupid? Well, I live in an attic apartment with horrible air circulation and no air conditioning. Turning on the oven was probably not the best thing to do. However, I think these were well worth it.
Rich Chocolate Brownies
makes 16 2-inch brownies
2 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
6 ounces of unsweetened chocolate, chopped
6 tablespoons of butter, cut into pieces
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9 baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Place both types of chocolate and the butter into a microwaveable bowl. Heat in 15 second intervals, stirring after each one until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, salt, sugar and vanilla until the eggs are a light yellow, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Fold in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with gooey crumbs.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan before cutting. Sprinkle the brownies with powdered sugar, if desired.
Friday, June 19, 2009 at 9:05 am
oh no! fainting is bad, but congrats with delicious brownies. bring some home!
Friday, June 19, 2009 at 9:29 am
If the Red Shed guys don’t eat them all, I will. If they do, I’ll make more at home 😉
Pingback: Frosted Brownies « Dough See Dough
Sunday, March 6, 2011 at 8:02 pm
Nous avons vraiment apprécié cette substance. c’est ma nourriture préférée jamais. J’aime tellement. je vous remercie de me donner cette recette.
Sunday, March 6, 2011 at 8:05 pm
ahhhhh thank youve ahh very, very much. much grattidude towards you all. Mmmm i love the dogs name is paul bruce.
thank you ahh very much.
Monday, July 28, 2014 at 8:06 pm
Heya excellent blog! Does running a blog like this require a
massive amount work? I’ve very little knowledge of programming
however I had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyhow, if you have any
ideas or techniques for new blog owners please share.
I know this is off topic nevertheless I just had to ask.
Sunday, October 12, 2014 at 1:50 pm
What’s up Dear, are you actually visiting this site regularly, if
so then you will definitely take good know-how.