I love banana bread. Banana bread with chocolate chips? Good. Banana bread with nuts? Even better. Banana bread with Nutella? Best. I wonder if this bread can get any better. Maybe next time I’ll do Nutella, chopped hazelnuts, and chocolate chips. Boom. Taste explosion.
I especially loved eating the crust on this bread. Poor Mike was left with crustless pieces…
I’m going to warn you all: I am not an expert swirler. Evidence of this can be seen above. Beautiful swirls throughout the loaf? Not so much. It kind of looks like a heart, actually (awwww!!). Swirl or heart, this bread is good.
Nutella Swirled Banana Bread
slightly adapted from Sugar Plum Blog
2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium)
6 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan with butter and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, with a mixer set on medium speed, beat together banana, butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until well combined, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs until well combined.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in flour mixture until just combined. Remove half the batter to a medium bowl and stir in Nutella.
- Take turns spooning Nutella batter and plain batter into the loaf pan. Swirl the batters together gently with a knife.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with clean.
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 12:59 pm
Banana bread is one of my favorite types of bread, I can’t even imagine the new level the nutella takes it to. Yum!
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 1:03 pm
It’s even better with Nutella smeared on the bread 😉